Author Topic: Delta2p in Yosemite : El Cap July 7 - 9  (Read 43 times)

Camden

• Contributor
Delta2p in Yosemite : El Cap July 7 - 9
« on: July 26, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
Had the opportunity to test the new ledge on an attempt at Tangerine Trip earlier this month. We ended up bailing ( :( :-[ :-X) but spent a night on the wall and one on the ground in the ledge.

Notes:

- The perpendicular-to-the-wall layout is awesome. It offers a nice change in perspective being able to sit up, back against the wall with the feet straight out and then just slide on down to the prone position for sleeping. Also, laying head away from the wall is a super comfy and nice way to belay.
- The narrower profile against the wall is helpful because the ledge fits more easily next to the haul bag. We had it it on the right bolt of a three bolt anchor with the pig on the left and it was great.

- Very easy to setup. The bungie cord connecting the pipes and tapered ends allows most of them to snap together effortlessly.
- Basically just had all adjustment straps fully extended so that was easy.
- Breakdown also pretty easy, folding is maybe the trickiest part but it always seems to work out.

- About as comfortable as other good ledges... a slight sag in the middle but not bad. Climbing with my girlfriend, it was nice not worrying about a divider. Great for couples but I wonder if it would feel cramped with two big dudes. Probably not a big deal though!

- I found the large buckle in the middle to be annoying because I often rolled my head onto it. John said he's looking into alternative buckles here.

- Used the fly to block a drip coming down and as a sun shade. This worked better than a normal ledge because we could cover the outer half of the ledge but still have wide open views on either side.

Deuce

• Administrator
  • Grade VI contributor
Re: Delta2p in Yosemite : El Cap July 7 - 9
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 06:08:41 PM »
Buckle change in process--I will put in on the end of the bed, so it tensions downward.  Probably better ergonomics as well.