Author Topic: BRANDING LOGOS and patches.  (Read 143 times)

Deuce

• Administrator
  • Grade VI contributor
BRANDING LOGOS and patches.
« on: September 18, 2019, 08:09:34 PM »
Probably a big mistake I made for about 10 years running A5 Adventures, Inc., is I didn't really give a damn about branding--all I wanted to do was create the best tools--who had time for marketing and branding?

I finally figured it out in the mid 90's, when companies like North Face and Berghaus were buying my ledges, and plastering the flys with huge logos inferring that the product was their design.

So we initially started silk-screening the flys, which was a onerous process, as the fabric needed to be first cut via the pattern, sent out to the silk screener, returned a week or so later, etc.

When I started D4 a few years ago, I knew I had to brand the product to gain momentum for the design, and figured out that we could use inexpensive heat presses designed for t-shirt applications on the nylons we were using.

Below is relevant info useful if you want to create your own brand on a nylon product.

HEAT PRESS--simple heat presses like the image attached work fine--the more expensive ones only give you more precise range over pressure and temperature, which are critical to correct application, but with a little experimentation, you can get the right settings and timings with the cheap ones.

HEAT PRESS LOGOS--get these from Stahl's and specify the CAD-CUT ones.  They have a variety of materials and some work better than others.  What you are looking for is one with a lower heat temperature (<300 degrees ideal), and quick set.  The Gorilla Grip ones work great and seem to works on nylon with a range of pressures.

https://www.stahls.com/heat-transfer-vinyl-gorilla-grip

Patches--we're getting nice patches from The Studio--see contact info below.

Also attached are the D4 logo and patch image for our D4 partnership (Handbuilt Alliance). 

HighMtnGear

• Contributor
Re: BRANDING LOGOS and patches.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »
Business is tough when you need to innovate, figure out construction and materials, and now you have to post on social media?!?

daniel banquo merrick

• Contributor
    • DAMMERR climbing hammers
Re: BRANDING LOGOS and patches.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 03:14:21 PM »
I print the DAMMERR t-shirts at home. I make silkscreens, print the shirts and use a heat press just like the one you show above. First I draw the design on the computer and print it on transparency, transfer to a screen using sunlight and photosensitive emulsion, squeegee the water-soluble ink onto the t-shirt, let it dry and then set it with the heat press. I use speedball brand photo emulsion and ink.